Welcome to Big Dogs Porch!

Big and small - we love them all! Join today and discuss everything dog with our fantastic community of like-minded people!

Registered members do not see these ads. Join today!

Looking for Doggy Dryer Suggestions

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by Dignity, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Dignity

Dignity Power Porchie
    Sponsor Porchie

I'm looking for a pet dryer suggestion. I want something that is decent but would like to keep the price under $150 - another thing on my wishlist is portability. Nessie swims at my parents house and the wet fur on her belly means staph infection after staff infection.

There is a groupon for this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DX24SD2/?tag=thebigdogspor-20 for $67

This was another one I was considering:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NXM4X8/?tag=thebigdogspor-20

I'd really like to know though if anybody has a brand or anything they like or if I'm going to be expecting too much out of a dryer (I want to get Nessie's tummy try mostly after swimming but it would be great to have it for when I do wash Nessie or Zero at home... or even heavy rain storms or anything crazy like that where they'd need dried off.

Sponsor Porchies Plus do not see these ads. Find out more!

3. ShiLowe's Lions

ShiLowe's Lions Veteran Porchie
    Sponsor Porchie Plus

This is the unit I use it was I think in the mid 150's. It works pretty well for getting the three dry after swimming. I use it to get Dakota groomed for shows. At some point I would love to upgrade a to a variable speed one. It easily fits in a cloth grocery bag withe the hose for transport.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

4. aDorkable

aDorkable 1 Tail, 1 Nub
    Sponsor Porchie

I own a Metro like Jenni above, and have used the Go Pet Club one. I kind of like the Go Pet Club one a little better, it is variable speed, and has heat (which you don't need), but I think even at its highest speed, it's slightly less powerful than the Metro. I have heard good things about B-Air, but not used any of their dryers.

5. GVK

GVK Power Porchie

I saw the first one you listed at a show in action and was impressed with what it did for such a low price. It was smoothing an already dry dog though, so I didn't see how it might perform with a freshly washed dog, nor do I know how it would hold up over time.

6. SaintWinslow

SaintWinslow Veteran Porchie

The ones we use at work are K-9 brand and I love them but they will not be in that price range unless you happen to find used.

I definitely recommend getting some type of dryer, I'm so spoiled now that I do all dog baths at work because I hate not having one. You'll love it!

7. Dignity

Dignity Power Porchie
    Sponsor Porchie

Thanks - I'll take a look at some of the other brands listed and see what I can find!!

8. Dignity

Dignity Power Porchie
    Sponsor Porchie

I ordered the GoPet dryer - I got a $10 off Groupon, so it took the price down to $61.something shipped. I figured it was worth a shot, if it's not good enough, I'll try to sell it through my work's classifieds and get a better one later.